Web Hosting Canada (WHC.ca) is one of Canada’s most well known and reliable web hosting companies. Based in Montréal, the company has been going strong since 2003. They are one of only a small number of providers with servers on both coasts, making WHC-powered sites pretty fast regardless of where in the country they are accessed from.
If you are looking for cloud servers, you will be happy to know that WHC.ca offers them. Their cloud server plans come with an array of power options that can be added on request. WHC already powers more than 30,000 Canadian small businesses according to their website.
Cloud Server Plans
WHCs cloud servers are offered via four monthly plans. The Starter plan come in at CAD $39.99 with an introductory price of $19.99 for the first month. This plan gets you 2 CPU cores, 2 GB of memory, 25 GB of disk space, a 100 Mbps network and unlimited bandwidth. Plans go up from there.
The Pro plan is offered at $49.99 while the Enterprise and Beast plans price at $79.99 and $119.99 respectively. The Beast plan is a true monster (no pun intended). You get 8 CPU cores, 16 GB of memory, 200 GB of disk space, a 250 Mbps network and unlimited bandwidth.
WHC cloud server plans also come with:
- standard server management
- 1-click scalable resources
- fast RAID-10 solid-state drives
- server control through cPanel
- full optimization for maximum performance.
WHC’s Power Options
Competitors offer plans similar to what WHC.ca has on the table. What really sets WHC apart are their power options. There are four options that are of particular interest to those in need of cloud services:
- External Backups – Daily backups stored on external servers guarantee that data remains safe even if an emergency event takes out the main server.
- Acceleration – WHC utilizes LiteSpeed commercial server software that doubles the number of visitors that can access your website simultaneously. This dramatically improves speeds.
- Advanced Management – For extra peace of mind, customers can add advanced server management. It includes 24/7 monitoring and troubleshooting along with database monitoring and support, proactive performance interventions, mail server monitoring, advanced firewall protection, and more.
- Dedicated IPs – Adding dedicated IPs to cloud servers gives customers access to a range of additional tools including better SSL support and private name servers.
These four power options only scratch the surface of what you get with WHC cloud servers. Even without the extra options added, cloud server customers get a top-notch experience backed by 24/7 support and top-of-the-line hardware.
Canadian laws governing data security and privacy can be quite troublesome for small businesses. As such, it is always best for businesses to look to Canadian providers when they are in need of cloud servers. WHC is one such provider that offers quite a bit for the money. They definitely deserve to be on the list if you are comparing cloud providers for your own business.